So, I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Lorranine Reguly, author of two amazing blogs, Wording Well (http://wordingwell.com/), Poetry Perfected (http://poetryperfected.wordpress.com/) and an amazing author website, http://lorrainereguly.com/. Iff you haven’t already checked her amazing sites up, check them out now! I would like to thank Lorraine for helping me, nominating me and guiding me. I am immensely grateful.
THE RULES FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD (Taken from Lorraine Reguly’s site, Wording Well)
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I wrote a book last year which is now hidden somewhere nobody will ever find it. It’s my reminder of where I started from and it motivates me to keep improving and pushing forward.
2. I buy anything that is pink. In fact, I like most of my things to be pink. Childhood obsession with the color became a habit that’s hard to get rid of.
3. I am a dancer.
4. I did not like The Notebook. I think A Walk to Remember was way better. (Don’t kill me!)
5. Greece is my dream destination. I drool over photographs of Greece and want to open up a cafe there.
6. I’ve been maintaining a dream log for the past three years in case I ever feel like reliving one through words.
7. My favorite dessert is a sticky toffee pudding. I can gorge on it for the rest of my life.
8. There was a point of time in my life when I hated the mere sight of a book. It was after the summer of sixth grade because I spent the entire summer buried in books. Nerd much?
9. I have the biggest crush on Nolan Gerard Funk.
10. My favorite song ever is Medicine by Daughter because I love the music and the lyrics which I think are absolutely beautiful.
11. I am a night person. It’s when I’m most active and it’s when I do most of my work.
ANSWERS TO LORRAINE’S QUESTIONS
1. Who has had the biggest influence on you?
– My idea of myself in the far future & Zoe Sugg.
2. What do you like about blogging?
– The fact that I can share memories, ideas and thoughts and make them permanent in the form of words which bring them alive even after ages of actually having experienced them. The best part though is the fact that as I have learned tons by reading other blogs, some people might find comfort or knowledge in what I have to write.
3. What do you dislike about blogging? (Be honest!)
– The decreasing importance of content and increasing focus on popularity and “followers”.
4. What makes you laugh out loud?
– Mostly everything. I am a giggly person.
5. What is your favorite book?
– It’s hard to choose. I guess I’ll chose Who Will Cry When You Die? by Robin Sharma since that book is like my Bible. It has helped me with so much. A must read. Apart from this book, my two absolute favorite authors are Sylvia Plath ( recommended: The Bell Jar) and Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Recommended: One Hundred Years of Solitude)
6. What is your favorite quote?
– ‘We know what we are. but know not what we may be’ by William Shakespeare.
7. What is your favorite form of social media?
– Probably, YouTube.
8. Do you like poetry? (If so, please check out Poetry Perfected)
– I love poetry and find it to be therapeutic. I have checked the site out, you must too!
9. What is your favorite movie or TV show?
– My favorite TV show is Orange is the New Black. My favorite movie is The Spectacular Now & A Walk to Remember.
10. What is the hardest thing you have ever done, or the biggest obstacle you have faced in your life?
– Hardest thing I’ve ever had to do is probably feel content with myself and accept myself the way I am. The biggest obstacles I have faced till now have been about the mind vs the heart.
11. What are 3 of your future goals?
– Get into a good college
– Become a successful fashion journalist and WordPress blogger
– Open a cafe in Greece
I, Nominate –
1. http://emmakayflowers.wordpress.com/ – Because I am glued to her blog.
2. http://allgrownupinlondon.wordpress.com/ – I enjoy her blog immensely and she is an extremely supportive blogger.
3. http://anotefromabroad.com/ – Most amazing travel diaries.
4. http://fleurdhiver.com/ – Love, love, love her blog.
5. http://athinkingtransformer.wordpress.com/ – Lovely writer, great blog.
MY QUESTIONS TO THE NOMINEES –
1. What motivates you to blog?
2. What all do you wish to achieve in the next one year?
3. What is your favorite book and writer?
4. What are your favorite song in terms of lyrics?
5. What inspires you?
6. What inspired you to blog?
7. How does the blog represent your identity?
8. Who came first, chicken or the egg?
9. Worst thing about blogging? (Be honest!)
10. Best thing about blogging?
So now, thank you again to Lorraine for nominating me and I would hereby love to accept the award!